- “History of Military Department,” 1942, University of Nebraska Press, series 33/
0/1, box 1, folder 1, Archives and Special Collections, UNL Libraries.
- Invitation, “46th Commencement of the University of Nebraska,” 1917, series 00/05, box 5, folder 1,Archives and Special Collections, UNL Libraries.
- Nebraska Writers Project, History of the Military Department 1876-1941. University of Nebraska, 1942, pgs. 14-23. Located: Pershing Bio/Bib File, RG52-01, Archives & Special Collections, UNL Libraries.
- O’Connor, Richard, Black Jack Pershing (Garden City, New York: Doubleday and Company, Inc, 1961), 419 pp.
- "Pershing Adopted City, and Lincoln Remembers," Sunday Journal and Star, 1975, Located: Pershig Bio/Bib File RG52-01, Archives & Special Collections, UNL Libraries.
- “Pershing Commanded N.U. Cadet Four Years,” Located: Pershing Bio/Bib File, RG52-01, Archives & Special Collections, UNL Libraries.
- Pershing Rifles C12 ABN, "History of the National Society of Pershing Rifles," http://web.mit.edu/c12abn/www/history_nspr.shtml [accessed November 12th 2010].
- Smith, Until the Last Trumpet Sounds The Life of General of the Armies John J. Pershing (New York, Chichester, Weinheim, Brisbane, Singapore, Toronto: John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 1998), 338 pp.
- U.S. Army Center of Military History, "John Joseph Persing," http://www.history.army.mil/faq/pershing.htm [accessed November 13th 2010]
- Vandiver, E. Frank, Black Jack The Life and Times of John J. Pershing Volume 1 (College Station and London: Texas A & M University Press, 1977), 594 pp.