The 1914 Komensky Club entry in the Cornhusker. Šárka Hrbková the department chair of the Slavonic Department is seated in the front row, fifth from the left. In the accompanying text the club mentions a campaign to collect money to erect a statue to Jan Amos Komensky on the University of Nebraska campus. The statue did not materialize however there is a plaque dedicated to the educator in the north hallway of the old Teacher's College building. The Teacher's College building is now part of the Canfield administration building.
Click on Image to access text from the yearbook.