Before there was a Slavic Department which eventually became the Czech Language Program their was the Komensky Club. The history of the two are inseparable. The club was instrumental in the fight for Czech language instruction. Without the dedicated membership of the early club, the racial biases of the University administration would have prevailed. This section is a history of the Komensky club at the University of Nebraska as told by images from the Cornhusker annuals of 1907-1920. Included are the texts that accompanied some of the club descriptions which further flesh out the club and its accomplishments. This study does not include the years of 1908 and 1915 where either their were no entries for the club or they eluded this researcher.