Hamilton Hall Dedication
In October of 1970, Hamilton Hall of Chemistry was dedicated. The namesake of the hall was Professor Cliff S. Hamilton. He was a professor who studied organic arsenic compounds and antimalar (http://www.chem.unl.edu/Web). He taught at the school for over forty years, from the 1920’s to the 1960’s and was very heavily involved in research. He worked on different drugs including one that was the best known cure for syphilis until recently in the 2000’s. Professor Hamilton was also the dean of the Chemistry graduate college from 1955 to 1957. The new Chemistry building was built through the sixties and was finally completed in 1970.