- The Cornhusker, censored, 1912.
- The Cornhusker, uncensored, 1912.
- Minutes of the Board of Regents of the University of Nebraska. unpublished, June 11, 1912.
- Diner, Steven J. A Very Different Age: Americans of the Progressive Era. New York: Hill and Wang, 1998.
- McGerr, Michael. A Fierce Discontent: The Rise and Fall of the Progressive Movement in America, 1870-1920. New York: Free Press, 2003.
- Parker, Alison M. “Hearts Uplifted and Minds Refreshed: The Woman's Christian Temperance Union and the Production of Pure Culture in the United States, 1880-1930.” Journal of Women’s History 11, no. 2 (1999):135-158.